S.G.F. If you’re not from the Ozarks, you’re probably not familiar with the three letters that make up our destination code. But if you are, then you know how meaningful these letters are to those who live here. SGF means home.
Also known as “417-land” (417 is our area code and the title of our regional lifestyle magazine), Springfield is home to an awesome community of runners, network of trails, and plethora of events, and it’s my goal to offer an electronic fist bump to as many of these resources as I can on Run More Awesome.
The list of links below will get you started. And be sure to check out the #RunSGF archives for more extensive write-ups of people and places. Capiche?
- Busiek State Park
- Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
- Ozark Greenways Trails
- Frisco Highline Trail – 35 miles – National Recreation Trail
- Galloway Creek Greenway – 6 miles – National Recreation Trail
- South Creek Greenway – 8 miles – National Recreation Trail
- South Dry Sac Greenway – 3 miles total
- Ward Branch Greenway – 3 miles total
- James River Greenway – 2 miles
- Jordan Creek Greenway – 2 miles
- Wilson’s Creek Greenway – 2 miles
- Sac River Mountain Bike Trail – 8 miles dirt singletrack
- Springfield Conservation Nature Center