We are almost two weeks into October, but don’t worry. I took my October measurements on 9/29, but I’ve been under a load of ENG 101 papers to grade, and I haven’t had a chance to share them. To review, body weight is not the best barometer of one’s health. I know a lot of skinny people who are not healthy or fit, and it’s my goal to be a skinny fit girl and not a skinny fat girl. Here is the table of my numbers this month. Skip below the table for my commentary.
|Arm – L||11.5||11.5|
|Thigh – L||24.5||24|
|Body Fat Percentage||33%||31.6%|
- I’ve lost another 2.4 pounds this month. Some might not think that’s a great number, but it’s about half a pound per week. That’s very reasonable considering that I’m so close to my goal weight, which is about 155 pounds and will get my BMI under 25. This month my BMI is at 25.3. We’re very very close!
- I’ve lost two inches on my body, and 1.5 of that was around my waist. My new waist circumference brings my waist-to-hip ratio to .80, and a healthy ratio for women is .80 or lower. Yea! I’ve reached that goal!!
- My waist-to-height ratio crept down from 51.5% to 49.3%, and the healthy number for that ratio is less than 49. I’m really really close to that goal.
- My body fat percentage has dropped from 33% to 31.6%, which means I’m now in the healthy body fat range! Less than 32%! Once I reach my goal BMI, I’ll create a new body fat percentage goal, but for now — yea!
- Eat at least three servings of vegetables every day.
- Eat at least three servings of fruits every day.
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water every day.
- Complete every run scheduled on my training calendar.
- Sleep at least eight hours every 24 hours.
- Strength train for 15 minutes three days a week.
- Limit servings of caffeine and soda to one per day.
- Limit servings of sweets to less than one per day.
- Limit eating out — or plan ahead to make healthy choices when I do eat out.