Pretend as I like that these cookies have some nutritional value because they contain oats and peanut butter, they are not healthy. But they are oh-so-yummy! Eat them for breakfast, if you dare, but don’t expect them to stick to your bones very long. And then you’ll want to eat two more. And then two more. And then you’ll feel guilty for eating an entire batch of the World’s Unhealthiest No-Bake Cookies. Consider yourself warned!
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1/2 c. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 3 c. quick-cooking oats
- 2 T. wheat germ (optional)
- 2 T. ground flax-seed (optional)
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt and boil sugar, milk, cocoa, butter, and salt.
- Add peanut butter. Stir until melted.
- Stir in oats, flax-seed, and / or wheat germ.
- Remove from heat. Spoon drops of the mix onto wax paper and let cookies cool.
Don’t forget to lick your spoons and spatulas when you’re cleaning up. The warm mix is terribly tasty and will hold you over until your cookies cool.