I’ve been writing a lot about Twitter and Church 2.0 and work a lot, which is good if you’re interested in those types of things. Maybe it’s not so good if you just want to keep up with your old friend Sarah Jo. Since it’s Friday, I thought I might take a break from writing about the stuff that interests me and write about some stuff that interests you: Me!
Honestly, I don’t feel like you all need much of a Sarah update because I live a pretty boring life, but here are some things you might find interesting:
- I am still working my way through my Hemingway anthology. I made it through The Sun Also Rises and A Farewell to Arms, but I’m stuck in the middle of For Whom the Bell Tolls. I’m having trouble sticking with it. I’ll pick it up for a few days and right when I start gaining momentum in the book, I lose it. I am determined to get through it, for I still have to read The Old Man and the Sea afterwards. And then there are five other anthologies I need to get through. So much to read; so little time.
- I’m not running much. In fact, I haven’t ran since January, and I only worked out three times in February. Pathetic, I know. Even so, I’m sticking pretty closely to the Abs Diet, and I lost another pound or two in February. The Other Sarah offered to take me to her Crossfit classes in March during a trial period, so starting next week, I’ll have muscles so sore I can’t type.
- I’m growing my hair out. It’s getting really long, about as long as it was when I got married nearly four years ago. And I’m on this kick where I just wash and wear it. No styling or straightening. A little gel. A comb-through. A tousle with the towel. And I’m out the door.
- I have recently become obsessed with graphic t-shirts and cute flats. I have always been a flip flops, jeans, and t-shirt kind of girl, and even now, years after my adolescence was supposed to have ended, I’m still sporting the same style. Only this time it’s not baggy, cheap tees; it’s tees from Express. And well, the brighter, more colorful the flat shoes, the better.
- I’m in love with sushi. It’s like my new pizza. I want it all the time.
And that’s about all that’s happening with me. What’s been happening with you?