So the sermon at church on Sunday was about humility, but I missed it because I was home sick; therefore, I don’t feel guilty one iota writing a top-ten list of reasons I think I’m awesome, well, at least different from everyone else. Here we go:
- I have a birthmark in my left armpit. A quarter-sized brown dot.
- I have natural highlights. Lots of ’em. Seriously, I found a picture that was taken of me when I was four, and I look like I have stripes running through my cute locks.
- I have extra-large pupils. Weird, I know, but my optometrist told me, and in fact, the optometrist doesn’t have to dilate my eyes when they do that one test…
- All of my fingers are crooked. Got them from my dad.
- My fingers are really skinny. Got them from my mom. My wedding ring size is 3 and 3/4.
That’s all the cool physical things you should know about me. Here are the rest:
- For a writer, I’m pretty good with numbers. I can calculate them and remember them. Dates, phone numbers, prices. If it’s a number, chances are I’ve committed it to memory.
- My favorite color is orange. Burnt, tangerine, pumpkin. I like them all!
- I don’t really like chicken. I really don’t like cooking it, and I rarely eat chicken unless it’s been fried.
- Bones gross me out. Especially human bone. Don’t talk to me about it because I will pass out. I can’t even think about bones breaking or getting crushed or shattering without getting the heebie jeebies.
- My preferred soft drink is caffeine-free diet Pepsi. I was raised on it, and it tastes best to me.
There you go! Now you know all the reasons I think I’m cool and why you should think I’m cool, too. I am so humble.