I read a lot of blogs: local blogs, family blogs, friend blogs, professional blogs, fitness blogs. I could go on, but you get the picture. I’m of the opinion that there’s a place on the Web for everyone, and the blogosphere is a great place to start; specifically, here are ten people who need to have their own blogs:
- Small-business owners
- Military service people
- Freelance professionals
Why these ten people? What’s the connection? Well, they have more in common than you think:
- Many of these people need to communicate with large groups of people (i.e. family, friends, customers, clients, etc.) at one time, and a blog allows them to communicate as often as necessary without filling up email in boxes.
- Many of these people have lives that are changing pretty regularly, and a blog lets them document and share those changes.
- Many of these people live away from their core support groups, and a blog lets them connect with their friends and family without being geographically close.
Are you on my list? Do you have a blog? If not, what’s stopping you? To get started, check out these Web sources:
- Five Questions for Would-Be Bloggers
- Blogging Tips for Beginners
- Technorati Help: Blogging 101
- Blogging Basics 101