I haven’t done this for a month, but here’s the best of what I’ve been reading. Consider this your summer reading…
- Amy Walker’s 21 Accents. I can’t even do one accent well. How this gal does this is beyond me.
- Moody? Cranky? Tired? Feed Me. Is it ironic that I came across this article while eating my afternoon snack? Good to know that I’m not the only one who has to eat around 3 PM!
- Grammar. Stuff White People Like. I am sooo white, but I just can’t help myself—I love grammar!
- 8 Types of Annoying People You’ll Find at Starbucks. Guilty as charged! Except that I don’t have an iMac, and I have to sit with my back to the wall.
- A Tyranny of Style. Some of my fellow grammarians might not believe this, but the serial comma isn’t a matter of right and wrong. It’s a style choice. This article will explain.
- Spell Check Runs Amok in PA Yearbook. Like I always told my students, you can’t always rely on spell check.
- Athlete. I love this picture. I’m not nearly as pretty when I swim.
- Even the Guy Who Plays a PC is a Mac. Yep, John Hodgman loves the Mac. Who doesn’t?
- Learning to Speak Like a Generational Millennial. I thought I was hip and cool, but not after I read this list. Anyone know what compunicate means? I bet you’ve done it a thousand times. I have.
- Going Against the Grain. Yeah, runner’s trots are awesome. This article sheds some light on making the situation better.