Hooray for Friday! I’m so glad the end of the week is here because I have some great reading for you. You definitely don’t want to miss the April Fool’s Day accounts or the definition of wikidemia. Read on…
- Funny April Fool’s Day Jokes. I love April Fool’s Day, and these two accounts of jokes caught my attention. In Band Gets Dropped By Label, an old pal from college fools his friends into thinking his band’s label dropped the band. And lifestudent was ready to give up running when she heard that there are bills on the books to make runners wear helmets during races!
- Banned From Being a Lead Pastor. Well, after a ton of work on EternityJC.com, turns out that my pal Marc is not qualified to be a lead pastor. So much for all my hard work! (OK…it’s sort of a joke…just read the post!)
- Christina Applegate’s Thoughts on Herself If you’re not watching Samantha Who? on ABC, I think you should be. Christina Applegate stars in this clever comedy as a formerly mean girl amnesiac. Turns out that in real life, she’s pretty cool (and a runner).
- SNL Comes to Primetime Everyone knows that I’m an NPR junkie, but did you know that I also like getting my news on Saturday nights? And starting this fall, we’ll be able to get a dose of mid-week news, too. Yippee!
- Lofts 4 Sale. This is really for Springfield natives, but lofts at the Heer’s Tower are going on sale! If only I had $2500 to get in on the action!
- Define Wikidemia. As a former educator who did not allow my students to use Wikipedia as an academic source, I’m a little bit sad to learn that indeed there is a word to describe works that come only from a wiki source.
- It’s Never Too Early. I’m not ready to start bearing children, but, gosh, I hope to have a little editor on my hands! Check out this elementary-schooler who put the folks at the Smithsonian in their place!
- Wanna Be a Serious Blogger? I’ve dabbled in this blogging thing for more than a year, and I still love it, but I’m not sure you can call me a serious blogger? Seriously, can you call my posts of my fear of monkeys serious blogging? How about you? Are you a serious blogger?
There’s your weekend reading. Hope you enjoy!