I’m so glad it’s Friday again! This week has been busy, but I have some worthwhile reading for you. Today you’ll note that there’s not the usual proliferation of fitness/health/running posts; instead I’ve got several cool designer-type stuff for you to check out.
- Bathtub With Built-In Bookshelves It’s no secret that I love books and bookshelves. And I can think of no better way to remodel a bathroom than with a bathtub that also moonlights as a library.
- Couple Wants Wedding Reception at Apple Store OK, so I didn’t get on the Mac train until I met my husband, and personally, I only have an iPod Shuffle, but I have dreams of owning my own MacBook one day. That said, I don’t think anyone can say that Apple Stores are not some of the coolest places to shop, so who wouldn’t want to have a wedding reception there? Why didn’t we think of that?
- Photoshop Express Now Online The designer that is slowly growing in me (courtesy of my hubby) is excited to try out the newly-released Photoshop Express, an free, online version of the photo-editing program we’ve all come to know and love.
- Pantone Offers Colorful Flash Drives I sent this to my hubby today because as a designer, he sort of lives and breathes by Pantone, the color authority in printing and design and the world. So now they’re offering flash drives in signature Pantone colors. If only they Pantone pens, i which I could choose the perfect pigment (in a Uniball pen, of course) with which to write and edit.
- Tricks From Madonna’s Trainer (via Daily Mail) I have envied Madonna’s toned arms (and mad dance skills) for a very long time, and now I know her secret! It’s her trainer and a repertoire of low weights/high reps and dancing.
- Letter To a Great Guy This one is a little random, and you have to watch the video and read the whole letter to really understand it, but here’s the gist: This guy was the first Canadian to medal in gymnastics. He broke both his legs in a training exercise. And he’s hoping to make a comeback. Yeesh!
- Do You Use Recycle Your Grocery Bags? My grocery store started selling reusable grocery sacks this winter, and I picked up a few at the first opportunity. Our consumption of plastic grocery sacks has gone down by an estimated 95%! What are you doing to be green today?
That’s your reading for the weekend! Enjoy