Nevadamtnbear tagged me for this Christmas meme, and I’m uber stoked because I’ve never been tagged before! I’ve tagged two groups: running bloggers who I don’t really know and who I enjoy reading and my own buddies who need something to do. OK. Here we go…
- Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper. Gift bags are so easy, but you really have to put thought into wrapping a gift. Maybe I’m a bit jaded from my mother putting all of my gifts into bags one year because she didn’t have time to wrap them until after my brother and I went to bed on Christmas Eve. Of course, later on, she recruited me to wrap my own gifts by sealing the box and putting my name on it. Maybe that’s why I like wrapping gifts now.
- Real tree or artificial? Artificial. They don’t grow trees that come pre-lit.
- When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving weekend.
- When do you take down your tree? New Year’s weekend.
- Do you like eggnog? Bleh. No.
- Favorite gift received as a child? There were a series of awesome gifts I got in high school: tent, tennis ball hopper, and punching bag. I think my favorite gift from my childhood was my She-Ra action figure.
- Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I’m hoping to one day inherit my mom’s Home Interiors nativity scene. It’s plain, unglazed and unpainted ceramic. Its simplicity makes it beautiful.
- Hardest person to buy for? Chris’s grandparents. We always have to get ideas from his mom, but whatever we get them, I always feel like they get the short end of the stick on Christmas Eve.
- Easiest person to buy for? Chris. The man drops hints all year long if you pay attention. The problem with his gifts, though, is the cash factor. He’s got great, but expensive, taste.
- Worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received? A giant, red, heart-shaped pillow with the word ‘love’ written on it. The aunt who gave it to me said she saw it and immediately thought of me. I saw it and immediately thought, “How do I get rid of this thing?” It was recycled last Christmas during a game of Dirty Santa.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I prefer to write one giant Christmas greeting in the sky. It saves on postage.
- Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas. Music, dancing, romance, snow, and sneaky plans. Gotta love it.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? Summer. With Chris’s expensive tastes, I’ve got to spread out the purchases so I don’t break the bank.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. See Number 10.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma Helen’s Chex Mix.
- White or colored lights? White.
- Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I was in choirs through elementary, middle, and high school, and this is the one song we never sang, so I’ve never grown tired of it.
- Traveling for Christmas or stay home? Staying home, but my parents and brother are coming for Christmas dinner, which is more stressful than traveling.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, and Biff.
- Angel or Star on top of tree? Neither. We have a replica of the 1978 Heismann trophy atop our tree.
- Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Both. We do Christmas with Chris’s family Christmas Eve. Unloading everyone’s stockings takes about three hours. Then on Christmas morning, Chris and I open our main gifts for one another.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? Christmas music and trips to Wal-Mart.
- What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with my family and friends.
All right, it’s time to do some tagging: bgbrendle, Cubicle Queen, xgravity23, So I Was Thinking, Marc Backes (those five are my friends), laurel, lifestudent, SarahTheQueen, runningtwig, and runningchick (those are the runners). Can’t wait to hear from you all!
“Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.” — Gary Allan